Your privacy is very important to us. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information such as name, telephone number, email address, or other contact information (“Personal Information”) you may share with BLITA International through www.blita.com (the “Website”) or when you communicate with us at events, by mail, by telephone or electronically. Some websites of BLITA International member firms or affiliated members may have their own privacy policies, which may be accessed at the websites for those members.
Personal Information Collection
You may use the Website to learn about our services without disclosing any Personal Information. BLITA International may, however, collect your name, telephone number, and email address if you send us an email request for information, download one of our resources or fill out a contact form.
BLITA International may retain your Personal Information for purposes of future communications with BLITA International or one of its member firms or affiliated members.
Uses of Information
BLITA International may use Personal Information and aggregated and/or anonymous user information in the following ways:
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the Personal Information, such as to send you information about the association or one of its member firms or affiliated members, to receive or download a specific guide or resource
- to respond to a request you have submitted to us through the contact form;
- to send you our newsletter and/or other communication emails, which you may choose to stop receiving by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these communications;
- to answer emails BLITA International receives from you;
- to enhance existing features of the Website or assist BLITA International in developing new features;
- to provide BLITA International member firms or affiliated members with information about the user base and website usage patterns; and
- to allow BLITA International to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law.
Permitted disclosure of your nonpublic personal information is restricted to employees and other parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing marketing or coordination services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared and that the party be bound either by professional standards of confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements where applicable.
To prevent unauthorized access and to maintain data accuracy, BLITA International uses reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
We recognize the importance of safeguarding Personal Information in our possession from theft, inappropriate use or improper distribution. It should, however, be recognized that no company can perfectly protect Personal Information.
How You Can Access or Modify Your Choices
BLITA International may from time to time provide you with information about marketing or coordination services offered by the association or professional services offered by member firms or affiliated members. If BLITA International has used your Personal Information to send you such information, you can request to no longer receive such information from us by emailing a request to email@example.com or by using the Unsubscribe link provide in those communications.
For Users Outside of the United States
BLITA International’s management office is located in the United States. Any Personal Information provided to us will be transferred to the United States, and by using the Website and providing BLITA International with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer.